Carbohydrates are present in many of our daily intakes and perhaps that is one of the reasons why we can not lose weight.
Although they provide nutrients and give us energy to perform our daily activities, it is not advisable to abuse them .
In this article we will give you some tips to eat less carbohydrates.
Are carbohydrates bad for your health?
This question is very common, especially in those people who want to lose weight.
In recent times, low-carbohydrate diets have become popular, which, as the name implies, reduce their intake to a minimum.
However, we can not eradicate them completely from our diet, since they have very important functions in our body.
For example, they are the main source of blood glucose.
This means that they are responsible for bringing “fuel” to the cells and are the source of energy used by the brain to perform all its functions.
Likewise, we must know that in nature there are two types of carbohydrates.
On the one hand there are the simple ones (or sugars) and on the other the compounds (they include starches and fibers).
Man has modified the process of making food and has generated a new type of carbohydrates: simple refined ones .
Which are? Those that are present in most of the manufactured products that we find in the market: cookies, pasta, pastries, box cereals, etc.
The problems with them are that they are absorbed quickly by not having levels. In addition, they accumulate fat in the body (especially in the abdomen).
Thus, the problem with carbohydrates is that we consume those that are not healthy (the refined) and leave aside the natural ones (present in fruits, vegetables, cereals and legumes).
If we made a change in the proportions we could lose weight and avoid many diseases.
Tips to consume less carbohydrates
Based on the concept of what are the “bad” carbohydrates, it would be good to stop consuming them so much.
Therefore we give you some tips that might help you:
1. Put aside sugary drinks
They are not at all healthy, as they have corn syrup in large quantities, in addition to a lot of sugar.
This causes, in addition to obesity, insulin resistance. Even dietary choices contain harmful ingredients.
Instead, choose to drink water, natural juices or herbal infusions.
2. Add more fruits and vegetables
Many times we eat cookies, bread or snacks and snacks because we have anxiety and not appetite.
This can be solved, for example, by not buying certain “tempting” products or by having an appetizing fruit basket in sight.
- Instead of choosing a carbohydrate-rich food, opt for a vegetable. For example, a branch of celery or a raw
3. Reduce the intake of bread
We are accustomed to the consumption of bread as a perfect accompaniment to pasta, meat or sauces.
However, a loaf of bread has too many refined simple carbohydrates, and that is why it is one of the main causes of weight gain.
- It is important to choose whole grain breads (for example, rye breads) that, although they provide carbohydrates, also have a good amount of fibers.
Thus, among other benefits, improve intestinal transit.
4. Make the purchase with a full stomach
A good idea to take care of both the body and the pocket is to go to the market after eating.
- When we are hungry the brain can not make good decisions and, moreover, is tempted by whatever it sees.
- That’s why we do not recommend going to a restaurant on an empty stomach (you can, for example, eat a fruit before leaving home).
- Remember that appetite will make you opt for processed, fatty, sugary and unhealthy foods. Therefore, eat first and buy later .
5. Choose sandwiches with few carbohydrates
At mid-morning, in the afternoon or before dinner we should do what is known as “collations”, which prevent us from arriving with such appetite to the main meals and wipe out the plate in a matter of seconds.
We must pay attention, because these snacks can not be made up of any food.
While it is true that they have enough calories, the key is to consume only a handful . The good news is that they satisfy the appetite and reduce anxiety.
6. Do not be fooled by “light” products
They are very fashionable. A lot of products on the market are in packages and green containers to show that they are “low in calories”.
The problem is that these items are not always healthy. They contain less carbohydrates but also less protein , less sodium and more minerals.
7. Eat more protein
Every morning you need fuel to start your day.
- To have all the energy we recommend, for example, add a boiled egg to satisfy the appetite.
- So, in addition, you will be including more proteins to your body.
You will notice the difference throughout the day!