The skin is the part of our body that is more exposed to external factors of the environment. At the same time, it is in charge of protecting us from these factors, and therefore suffers day after day a practically inevitable deterioration.
Faced with this reality there is something we can do to take care of our skin, and that is why we provide you with the step by step routine of care . In this way you will give your skin the love and attention it deserves.
Use this basic routine for caring for your skin
Step 1: Clean your skin 1 or 2 times a day
Many of us usually clean our skin with soap and water, wet towels or even just water.
The ideal is to use specific products , with soft and specialized compositions for skin care. In addition to these products, these are some recommendations to keep in mind so that you keep your skin properly clean:
- You should perform skin cleansing preferably 2 times a day . Make sure that one of those times is right after getting up in the morning, as our body produces the most fat during the night.
- Your hands are the perfect instrument to cleanse your skin. Forget about doing it with towels or sponges, in this way you avoid that your skin can be irritated.
- Although we know it is tedious, never stop taking your makeup before going to sleep . This way you avoid that the fat accumulates in your skin and produces wear during the night.
- Do not clean your skin more than twice a day, unless necessary. If you do, you would be overstimulating the sebaceous glands, so your body will produce even more fat than normal.
- In case your skin suffers from dryness, we advise you to clean it only once a day. In addition, it is convenient that you use products designed for this type of skin , such as cleansing gels .
Visit this article: 8 consequences of not removing makeup before sleeping
Step 2: Use a toner after cleaning (optional)
The toning creams are used to remove every last trace of fat that may remain on our skin. In turn, these help us to close the pores after a cleaning , this way we would be preventing infections by bacteria.
- In case you have dry skin, we recommend that you do not use this type of products, since with the cleaner it will be more than enough.
- On the contrary, if your skin is greasy, it would not hurt to apply an astringent toner, with an alcohol content of 20 to 60%.
Step 3: Moisten your skin 1 or 2 times per day
Wetting your skin never hurts, especially after going through a cleaning process where you eliminate practically all of your natural fat.
Moistening your skin after cleaning and applying a tonic helps keep it young for much longer. Similarly, properly hydrated skin is less prone to dryness and acne.
- Although it is good to moisturize your skin, we advise you not to overdo it (maximum 2 times a day), since you could clog your pores and generate future infections.
Read also: Natural masks for the skin
Step 4: Exfoliate your skin 1 to 3 times a week
Exfoliating treatments help eliminate dead cells and, therefore, make our skin look younger . In turn, they prevent the early appearance of wrinkles , the acne condition and prevent the appearance of spots caused by old age.
If you decide to do the treatment at home we recommend the following:
- Apply exfoliation right after cleaning. In turn, we recommend that after exfoliating the skin apply a moisturizing product.
- When scrubbing your skin, you do not need to apply force. Simply massage the exfoliant gently and for 1 or 2 minutes at a time. If you are going to exfoliate your skin with a towel, make sure it is clean and free of bacteria.
- Exfoliating masks are also a good option, apart from granular creams. Just be careful not to present any adverse reaction to these products. If so, you will have to suspend them immediately.
Step 5: Get a monthly facial massage to make the skin look better
The basic care of our skin consists of cleaning, exfoliation and moisturization. However, a facial massage at least once a month is a wonderful option to keep our skin much more alive and young.
In case it is within your possibilities, we recommend that you attend a specialist for a facial massage. In this way you stimulate the circulation and the good condition of your skin .