When we think of the word “soufflé”, a salty dish or an entree may automatically come to mind. However, there are sweet options to enjoy this recipe with French name. Do you want to learn how to prepare vanilla soufflé with chocolate cream ? Then keep reading this article!
Vanilla soufflé recipe with chocolate cream
A sweet soufflé is lighter than a salty one, but the general idea is the same. They are prepared with a cream base of a specific flavor and the egg whites are added to snow. It is very important that you gown gently but firmly until your volume increases about 7 times. Then you should be careful when mixing on the base of sauce to not alter that consistency or size.
For the mold:
- ½ tablespoon of
- Amount of sugar needed
For bouilli cream:
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 butter spoons
For the clear to snow point:
To flavor it:
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
For the chocolate cream:
- Electric rods
- Wooden spoon
- Silicone spatula
- Circular mold
- Electric rods
- First start with the chocolate cream. To do this, melt the butter in a water bath or in the microwave and then add the starch, cocoa and sugar. Finally, pour the cold milk and stir well. Put on fire while stirring to thicken. R etira and let cool (moves from time to time).
- Grease the inside of the mold with butter and sprinkle with the sugar. Move so that it impregnates well and removes the excess.
- To make the brouilli cream beat the flour with a little milk. Pour the sugar and more milk. Put on high heat and keep stirring so that you have a thick mixture. When it enters boiling, wait 30 seconds without stopping stirring. Remove and beat 2 minutes to take room temperature.
- Separate the yolk and put it in the center of the cream. Beat with the electric rods. Repeat one by one with the other eggs. Add half the butter and beat well . Clean the edges of the bucket with the spatula and sprinkle the surface with the remaining butter, this will form a kind of crust.
- Beat the egg whites you have reserved for each egg until it forms soft peaks. Sprinkle with sugar and mix a little more, until the peaks are firm.
- Integrate the essence of vanilla with cream. Add a quarter of the whites and stir. Join the rest of the whites with great care.
- Turn on the oven at 200 ° C. To fill the mold pour the preparation leaving about 3 cm of the empty walls, so that when it rises it does not overflow. Put the soufflé and cook 20 minutes (it will have started to rise and brown). Sprinkle the icing sugar and let it continue to cook 15 minutes more. Remove and let it cool a little before unmolding. Pass to a tray and pour the chocolate cream on top, which must already be cold.
Data of interest:
- Level of difficulty: Intermediate
- Preparation time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Tips: If at the moment of spreading the chocolate that it is not hot when you put it on the soufflé, but at room temperature. While serving this rich recipe, you can tell your guests that the word “soufflé” comes from “blown” or from the verb “souffler” in French which means to blow or inflate. As your soufflé will be! (said in Spanish).