There is nothing better than a kitchen with the smell of freshly baked bread , and yet less and less bread is prepared at home. But the task is much simpler than you can think and the result is surprising and delicious. Next, we will see some tips to prepare simple homemade sweet bread recipes, that everyone will love.
Homemade sweet bread with chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt.
- 3 medium eggs (180 g).
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (30 g).
- Chocolate chips (to taste).
- 1/2 stick of butter (50 g).
- 2 cups of milk (200 mL).
- 2 cups filled with flour (500 g).
- 1 tablespoon and a half of fresh yeast (15 g).
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in the flour, with the help of the fingertips.
- Add the butter (it should be at room temperature) and mix also with your fingers.
- Add the sugar, salt, eggs and milk (warm).
- Work the dough with your hands , until it no longer sticks on your fingers and is elastic.
- Add the chocolate chips and knead a little more, only until they are integrated.
- Form a ball, put it in a deep bowl and cover with a dish towel. Let stand for approximately 40 minutes, away from any air current and at a warm temperature.
- Once this time has elapsed, divide the dough into small portions and give them the desired shape: small balls or small elongated buns.
- Put in a preheated oven at 180º C for approximately 20 minutes .
Homemade sweet bread braid
It is perhaps the most classic of sweet breads. Ideal to eat warm, fresh from the oven, with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
- 1/2 kg of flour.
- A pinch of salt.
- 2 medium eggs (180 g).
- 7 tablespoons of butter (70 g).
- A few drops of vanilla essence .
- 2 cups of warm milk (200 mL).
- 3 tablespoons of fresh yeast (30 g).
- 5 tablespoons of brown sugar or honey (50 g).
- First you have to ferment the yeast . For this, in a deep bowl put the previously warmed milk, sugar and yeast. Let stand for five minutes.
- Place the previously sifted flour on the work table, forming a kind of volcano. Place butter, an egg, salt and vanilla in the center.
- Add the yeast and knead everything well until it forms a homogeneous mass.
- When the dough begins to peel off the hands, hit it against the table until it is soft and elastic.
- Let stand covered with a dish towel until it doubles its volume (approximately 45 minutes).
- Divide the dough into three equal parts and form sticks. Go braiding as if it were a braid of hair.
- Beat the other egg and use it to paint the braid , with the help of a kitchen brush.
- Place the braid in a tray greased with butter, or on baking paper.
- Bake at 200º C for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
Homemade sweet christmas bread
- A pinch of salt.
- Nuts and almonds (to taste).
- 3 medium eggs (240 g).
- 8 tablespoons of butter (80 g).
- 30 grams of fresh yeast.
- 7 tablespoons of brown sugar or honey (70 g).
- Grated orange and lemon (10 g).
- 2 cups of flour + 3 tablespoons for the leudo (530 g approximately).
- 1 cup of warm milk + 2 tablespoons for the leudo (120 mL approximately).
- Raisins soaked in cognac, brandy, rum or other liquors (as preferred).
- In a deep bowl place warm milk, yeast, three tablespoons of flour, and a spoonful of sugar . Cover and let it double in volume (approximately 15 minutes).
- In another bowl place the flour, the remaining sugar, the lemon and orange zest. Make a hole in the center and add salt, butter, two eggs, warm milk and pre- fermented dough . Mix by hand and knead in the counter until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Divide in two parts, cover and let stand until the dough doubles the size.
- Place the dough on the counter and stretch with a rolling pin, forming two rectangles . Fill with raisins, almonds and walnuts. Make a roll and knead again until the ingredients are integrated.
- Cover and let stand again until the portions double their volume (approximately 1 hour).
- Paint with beaten egg and bake for 40 minutes at 180º C (in preheated oven).