Bread and cereals are a fundamental part of a healthy and balanced diet . Sometimes there are many people who decide to dispense with the idea of losing weight , but nutritionists tell us that it is not appropriate. It provides fiber and carbohydrates , essential for our body. It is necessary to know what kind of bread is the most appropriate, and consume it in a balanced way. We explain it to you
Some existing fashions in terms of slimming diets make us leave aside the food that is really necessary for us, essential foods such as bread that provide us not only fiber, but also amino acids, vitamins, minerals …. a good diet must always be varied and bread – the most healthy and adequate bread – always gives us a great benefit. Let’s see the most important aspects.
Does the bread get fat?
- The essential thing without a doubt is to maintain a balance in everything you consume. For example: eating an orange or an apple a day is very healthy, but if you consume 5 oranges your sugar levels will begin to rise and will no longer be healthy for you. The same thing happens with bread.
- The bread, consumed in moderation, does not have to fatten. But then what is the recommended amount? The WHO (World Health Organization) tells us that the normal thing is 250 grams. As an example we can tell you that 100 grams of white bread give us 290 calories; and 100 grams of wholemeal bread, 243 calories . Now, the problem arises with what you want to accompany the bread with. We must be moderate and not overdo us with butters, sausages … etc.
What is the healthiest bread and which is the least recommended?
- The mold bread would be the least recommended . It contains more fats, sugars and additives so you can keep it for longer. It is less healthy than the traditional one. But this does not mean that it is “bad”, you simply have to consume it in less quantity.
- The healthiest bread will be the one that contains more grain and the one that in its composition, has 100% wholemeal flour, and to know it is convenient that you look at its ingredients. It is also important that it contains a good amount of grain, to understand it, observe the composition of this cereal: Bran: the outer part of the grain, contains B vitamins, minerals and fiber. Germ : the part of the plant that in turn originates new plants, contains Vitamin B, minerals and proteins. Endosperm : the part of the inside of the grain, with proteins and carbohydrates.
The most healthy types of bread
Whole wheat bread
- Whole wheat bread is the most common and the most sold . It contains insoluble fiber that helps us prevent colon cancer.
- You must check that it is with whole grain, and with the flour entirely also of wheat, since they can mix them with others and they stop being healthy . Normally it is seen with the naked eye, always choose those types of bread that are darker, since they contain less members and less additives. Recently they are also selling a new type of bread with whole wheat white, which is made with white wheat instead of red, it is also a good option. The important thing is to always know what ingredients they have.
- Oatmeal bread is also very popular, and equally healthy. It is usually combined with wheat flour, which makes it lighter and more pleasant, less dry than wheat-based flour alone.
- Another interesting fact is that oat bread has soluble fiber, very suitable to reduce cholesterol.
- Rye bread is no longer as common as wheat bread. It is not the taste of so many people and it sells a little less, but what we may not know is that it is a very healthy option.
- It is perhaps the best recommendation , it is a very tasty and good tasting bread that combines very well with both sweet and salty. It is ideal for breakfast, a slice next to a glass of orange for example, gives you a good dose of energy, fiber and vitamins.
- It is the bread that has the most fiber and nutrients inside, an exquisite mixture of iron and B vitamins that will take care of your health and yours . Try introducing it into your diet, it will help you not to gain weight and you will know that it is the most healthy and tasty option.