White chocolate cookies and macadamia nuts are an unusual choice, but they have the ability to delight all your senses. We invite you to surprise your family with this tasty hors d’oeuvre that will make you look like a professional.
- 2 eggs
- 400 g of flour
- 300 g of chilled white chocolate
- 150 g of roasted Macadamia nuts
- 25 g of baking soda
- 230 g of butter
- 220 g of sugar
- 50 ml of whole milk
- Small containers to reserve
- Fork and knife
- Vegetable paper
- Big bowl
- Oven plate
- Cut the butter cubes and if it is in the fridge, let it cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Remove the chocolate from the refrigerator and cut into small portions.
- In a mortar, crush the nuts until they are the size of a tooth , or if you prefer, cut them into slices.
- Reserve the chocolate in the fridge while you prepare the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a deep bowl sift the bicarbonate and flour .
- Add the sugar and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the butter and with the help of your hands or a fork, mix very well, until the butter has completely integrated into the powders and there are no unsalted parts.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add the milk when they are well stirred.
- Place the nuts in the bowl.
- Remove the chocolate from the fridge by incorporating it into the mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, go slowly mixing in the container where the butter and flour of the mixture you have just prepared.
- Beat generously until you get a smooth, spongy and sticky result.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- With a spoon separate portions of dough and place them on the tray separated from each other, will be your cookies.
- Take the tray to the oven and leave it there for around 15 minutes, yes, it is better to be aware, because the cookies will brown very quickly.
- When they are ready, remove them from the oven and let them rest on the tray for about 5 minutes.
- Remember to put your cookies on a rack , or let them rest until they are completely cold before being consumed.
- In case you are not going to consume them immediately, reserve them in sealed containers, so the air will not soften them.
Data of interest
- The time is usually determined based on the size of the cookies , so if they are large you can wait 15 minutes, otherwise the time will be less.
- With the suggested ingredients it will be enough for thirty cookies.
- This recipe requires that you have your chocolate tablets stored in the refrigerator (preferably in the freezer) for about 15 minutes before preparation. This way you will avoid that it melts in your hands or that the chocolate sticks to the knife or another utensil.
- Another reason to refrigerate chocolate is to prolong its baking time and that it will not ruin its texture due to overexposure.
- Having the butter at room temperature will greatly facilitate the process of kneading the cookies, also if it is cold you run the risk of leaving the texture of the broken dough .
- Make sure that the dough balls are well separated from each other . The cookie dough expands a lot during baking, so it will stick to another cookie if it is too close.
- You should let the cookies rest 5 minutes after baking them so that they harden and do not split while handling them.
- To the extent that you are taking experience making cookies, you can make your own mixes, always keep in mind the time of baking of each ingredient.