The skin that covers the knees is a little thicker than that of other areas of the body and, since it lacks sebaceous glands, it tends to dry out more easily.
This, added to the aggressions suffered by the toxins and their contact with various surfaces, makes them acquire a dark and unsightly appearance.
The problem is that many ignore that they should provide treatment in their and, only when they feel too dry, decide to take action on it.
The good news is that there are several ingredients of natural origin that, due to their nutritional properties, help to eliminate dead skin while reducing the appearance of stains.
Its regular use gives them extra moisture and, in turn, leaves their skin softer and free of imperfections.
In the next space we want to share 5 good remedies that, for a low cost, will help to give them a natural clarification .
1. Honey from bees and lemon juice
The mixture of honey with lemon juice gives us a moisturizing and repairing treatment that, after being applied repeatedly, whitens the skin and provides moisture.
Its high concentration of antioxidants, especially vitamin C, facilitates the elimination of dead cells while accelerating the restoration process.
- 5 spoons of honey of bees (125 g)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- Introduce the honey of bees in a container and mix it with the lemon juice.
- After obtaining a homogeneous product, rub it on the knees and let it act 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat your application at least 3 times a week.
- Use it at night to avoid unwanted reactions from the sun after exposure.
2. Natural yogurt with oatmeal
An exfoliating mask based on natural yogurt with oats serves to diminish the dark spots of the knees caused by the excess of dead cells.
Both ingredients have moisturizing and antioxidant substances that help repair the cells without generating other aggressions.
- 6 tablespoons of plain yogurt (72 g)
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (20 g)
- Mix the plain yogurt with the oatmeal until you get a creamy paste.
- Rub the product on the knees with gentle circular massage.
- Let it act for 10 or 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Repeat its use 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Aloe vera and lemon juice
The homemade cream of aloe vera with lemon juice is ideal to accelerate the cellular repair process of the skin and, at the same time, minimize the aggressions caused by the toxins and the sun.
This natural product counteracts dryness in the knees and decreases its susceptibility to hardening and retention of impurities.
- 5 tablespoons of aloe vera (75 g)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- Mix the tablespoons of aloe vera gel with the lemon juice and, after obtaining a homogeneous product, apply it on the knees.
- Wait for it to be absorbed for 20 or 30 minutes and rinse.
- Repeat your application 3 or 4 times a week to get good results.
4. Sugar and olive oil
The classic sugar scrub with olive oil remains in force as one of the best natural products to remove dead cells and lighten the skin.
The abrasive power of the sugar added to the fatty acids of the oil softens the hardness of the skin and leaves it a lighter and more aesthetic appearance.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (48 g)
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar (36 g)
- Combine the olive oil with the tablespoons of sugar and make sure you get a creamy paste.
- Clean the knees and rub the scrub with gentle circular movements.
- Let it act for 20 minutes and rinse.
- Repeat its use, at least, 3 times a week.
5. Coconut oil with Himalayan salts
A natural exfoliant of coconut oil and Himalayan salts helps to reduce markedly the dark skin that usually covers the dehydrated knees.
These ingredients remove surface impurities and, in turn, provide extra moisture and nutrients.
- 1 spoonful of pink salt from the Himalayas (12 g)
- 3 spoons of organic coconut oil (45 g)
- Add the tablespoon of salt in a bowl and mix it with the coconut oil.
- Rub the preparation on your knees and wait for it to act for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat its use every night.
Ready to give your knees a better look? Prepare any of these treatments and incorporate it into your regular beauty routine.