Do you experience pinpricks in the belly? These discomforts have a varied origin. On the other hand, they are classified according to the intensity and frequency in which they manifest themselves. Once these aspects are determined, the specialist can provide a diagnosis.
It should be noted that the punctures in the belly or the ailments in the abdominal area may have a digestive or infectious origin.
They can also occur as a result of premenstrual discomfort . Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the punctures in the belly because they can be indicative of our state of health.
Types of pain
- Located. The punctures are felt on the side of the stomach, it is possible that they are problems in the gallbladder or appendix.
- Generalized The pain is stronger in the middle of the abdomen and is usually due to viruses, gas or indigestion.
- Muscle cramp. The discomfort lasts around 24 hours at most and symptoms such as fever and diarrhea are experienced
- Colic. It is an intense and sudden pain.
Causes of stitches in the belly
Poisoning occurs when food has germs or a toxic substance that directly attacks the body.
Irritable bowel syndrome
This syndrome causes punctures in the stomach that, in reality, are sharp abdominal pains and in some cases are accompanied by gas.
Meanwhile, the pain is diffuse and can go from low to severe and vice versa . However, it is also common to have temperature increase, vomiting and nausea.
This condition occurs when the fertilized egg implants outside the uterus. Pregnancy progresses but causes pain and bleeding. Which can rupture the trunk and cause a cardiovascular failure with fatal consequences for the person. H
And those who experience vaginal bleeding and others do not, but the pain starts suddenly. It usually occurs between the fourth and tenth week of pregnancy. These punctures in the belly are, in fact, sharp and persistent punctures.
The discomfort can be unexpected and disappears in days. But also chronic, in this case it can affect for years. Consult your doctor if, apart from the punctures in the belly , several of the following symptoms occur:
- Pain to the touch or after eating.
Diverticula are small lumps that form on the inner wall of the intestine. Diverticulitis occurs when they become inflamed or acquire an infection. The person experiences cramping in the lower part of the stomach. Only in cases of seriousness do hemorrhages occur and immediate hospitalization is required.
Pelvic pain is a very common symptom when the patient suffers from endometriosis. It usually occurs during the days before menstruation.
When the body does not produce enough of the enzyme called it is impossible for it to digest lactose , which is found mainly in milk and some dairy products.
Therefore the intestine does not work properly and reduces the absorption of nutrients. The affected person has: gas, swelling and mild pain in the abdominal area.
So much to avoid the punctures in the belly as to treat them, the most advisable thing is to opt for:
- Slowly chew food to give the digestive tract a chance to function.
- Avoid going to sleep when feeling pain in the stomach; It is best to sit up and stretch your legs.
- If there is pain, it is necessary to reduce the intake of dairy products.
- Avoid fatty or spicy foods.
- Exercise, at least, 3 times a week.
- Reduce the consumption of alcohol and cigarettes.
- Consume 5 servings of food a day.
- Increase water intake.