Quitting smoking is the best purpose you can put on your nearest horizon.
This may be your second or third attempt. However, the definitive, the one that will allow you to get away from this harmful habit requires three ingredients that never fail: willpower, support from your own and find the strategies that best suit you.
Something that should be made clear is that not everyone is served the same advice .
Some people initiate a gradual abandonment of tobacco and some people leave it overnight.
Some people resort to nicotine patches to stop smoking and a good part is helped by natural remedies.
There is no magic strategy. The most important thing is to have good information on the subject, be supervised by our doctors and focus on quitting day by day, moment by moment.
Today in our space we want to give you some natural proposals.
To the list reflected here remember to add some more, such as, for example, change habits, play sports and avoid those triggers that fuel your desire to light a cigarette.
Do we take note?
You can find licorice root in any natural store. You can chew it to soothe anxiety or prepare great infusions.
- Licorice is a very suitable expectorant to stop smoking naturally.
- Its intense, sweet and deep flavor calms the desire to light a cigarette and, in turn, reduces the classic cough of the smoker.
- In addition, this root allows us to control the levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) to give us energy and relieve that feeling of apathy or fatigue.
As a warning for the licorice, it is worth noting that it is not suitable for people suffering from diabetes or hypertension.
2. Cayenne pepper
Many may have been surprised by the presence of this spice. Can cayenne pepper help us stop smoking? It seems that yes, and the reasons for this are in the following virtues:
- Cayenne pepper destroys the chemical agents of tobacco attached to our lungs.
- Its antioxidant action takes care of our lung membranes and, in turn, prevents possible damage.
The best option to benefit from Cayenne pepper is to make a simple infusion with a pinch of this spice (less than a gram) and add the juice of a lemon .
Discover this fabulous slimming remedy with cayenne pepper, lemon and green tea
3. The avena sativa or green oats
The avena sativa refers to the immature green part of the plant (leaves, seeds, stems …). You will find it in natural stores or in the specialized section of your supermarket.
It is sold in powder, juice, tincture or tea and is very appreciated.
- Among the many benefits of green oats are its properties to appease cravings and dependence on tobacco .
- At the same time, it is very suitable to promote the detoxification of our body, especially nicotine and other toxins present in cigarettes.
If you take it daily in your breakfasts, it will be of great help when quitting smoking.
4. Infusion of lobelia
The lobelia is a plant native to North America and is known for its many therapeutic uses. Among them, reduce the effects of nicotine in our body.
- You can find lobelia in pharmacies or in natural stores in the form of tincture.
- It has good expectorant qualities and, in addition, it is used to treat flu, colds , chronic cough of the smoker, bronchitis, bronchial asthma …
- However, the most well-known application of the lobelia is to favor the cessation of smoking gradually.
To do this, it is best to start with 2 or 3 drops of your tincture in a glass of water.
si tomamos en exceso esta tintura puede resultar tóxica. * Warnings about the lobelia: if we take too much this tincture can be toxic.
We will never consume more than 10 drops a day, and if we suffer from heart disease or high blood pressure, it is advisable to opt for another remedy.
Discover also 6 tricks to raise your immunity
Ginseng will also help us control the withdrawal syndrome. We are facing one of the best plants to balance the body.
- This action is achieved thanks to its action as a relaxing tonic of the adrenal glands, something essential to control the levels of cortisol in our bloodstream.
- Ginseng reduces physical and emotional stress, promotes concentration, improves mood and reduces anxiety .
Do not hesitate to add a teaspoon of ginseng powder in your bowl of oatmeal or milk. It will feel great.
Discover also the benefits of chamomile and cinnamon to treat diabetes
6. The passion flower to quit smoking
You can find passion flower ( passiflora ) in tincture, in capsules, powder … Consume it as you wish, and always with the advice of a health professional.
- This natural remedy is one of the most powerful to promote relaxation, combat withdrawal or insomnia.
It is important to remember that it is not advisable to take passion flower during pregnancy or during breastfeeding.
Are we starting today to stop smoking? The effort is worth it.